Friday, July 21, 2006

CHA Summer


I have to say, I have of the greatest jobs in the world!! I am surrounded daily by colorful cardstock and embellishments, and as an added bonus I get friendly calls from all over the world. I can't think of a better way to spend the work week (who am I kidding, it is not work, it is fun!) Almost everyone is in Chicago today for the CHA Summer Show -- there are only 6 of us in the office. It is quiet, too quiet...my desk has been cleaned off and I have caught up on all the stuff that gets put off until times like this, it's not even lunch yet, and I have not one single thing to do.

My mind is reminding me that I could be doing a million things at home, first and foremost, finishing that layout for my son, our Disneyland pictures and getting my scrap table as clean and neat as my desk at work. There are several mounds of laundry in my bedroom as well, walls to touch up (we have been remodeling) grout to seal, dogs that need a bath, see...lots of things. I feel unproductive at this moment, the fact that it is friday is making it harder to want to sit here doing nothing productive.

I can't wait to see and hear about all of the new stuff that is coming out -- what is new and great, the new color palettes, any gossip that is heard in Chicago over the weekend...I do know there was rain, and lots of it! Flights from Phoenix were cancelled and delayed all day yesterday. I have seen some of daisyd's new paper (and of course, already added to my stash, with matching embelishments and ribbons...thanks Sandi for enabling my bad behavior). I wonder what else is in store for me in the months ahead, I shudder to think of all of the new things I MSUT HAVE!!

I can't wait to get some things done this weekend, I finally finished the prom books for my son and his girlfriend, and got back to the other 20 or so projects I have going. I swear one of these days I will get them done and be "caught up" but seriously, are we ever caught up? Aren't there things that go on, on a daily basis, those cute little photo ops that we can't help ourselves but to get out our trusty camera and take several 100 photos, then you send them to the online photo processing place, and you get these gorgeous prints back...and then need to scrap them?

I wonder does caught up ever happen? Probably not, life continues to go on, and there are so many wonderful memories to make...do you think I can sneak out early and make some new fabulous memories today??

Have a great weekend, keep the camera at the ready (aim, shoot, fire them off to the lab)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home