Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday Afternoons

What a lovely sunday, I woke up with a screaming migraine, must've been the heat yesterday, I took my son to IKEA to get some things for his room, bought a desk that wouldn't fit into my tiny toyota, so we had to stand in the blazing hot parking lot and take all the individual components out of the box and load them each separately, dumb.... it is hard to deal with the fact that he is going to be a senior this school year, and then off to college, in a way I am looking forward to watching him grow into the man he is supposed to be and then on the other hand I miss my little boy. A couple of Sunday's ago, we went to the Diamondbacks game with his girlfriend and her parents and aunt. We had a great time, and I enjoyed the afternoon out. I love the look of sheer joy on his face in this photo, I guess that look never changes on your child's face. I wonder if my mother thinks the same thing?

This is my friend Allison, we went to dinner last night to celebrate her and Dene's (new man in her life) birthday's last night, more heat, we ate at a tepanyaki (not sure I spelled that right) table and had a blast, we took turns taking photos, and then we went out to a country and western bar, hadn't been in one in over ten years, I guess the bar scene never changes, we hung out, played some shuffle board and Allison kept trying to get us to go and Karoke (which we never did, thank goodness) what a great night to share with a friend...I treasuure our friendship, good friends are hard to come by. I couldn't wait to get home and take a nice cool shower though, smokey bar, Arizona in July, go figure wanting a shower!

Here it is early evening and I still have laundry to do, and a project to get out for a client and my creative escape project to finish, so I guess I am procrastinating by writing in my blog...some things never change, I don't even need to ask my mother that one, I already know the answer. Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home