Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wacky Wednesday

Wow, it seems like forever since I have posted. My hubby and I went on a Mexican Riveria cruise last week, and of course there was the packing and the laundry and the trip to the cleaners for things I couldn't wash and iron, more packing...still managed to miss a few things...it's always something. I was supposed to meet up on friday night for crop, with my friends, but I just wasn't organized enough to go, sorry girlies. We drove to LA, and checked into the Westin Long Beach to spend the night before the cruise and park our car...apparently no one told the front desk there was going to be a cruise, and a shuttle, but we got it straightened out. The convention center in long beach has a painting by Wyland on it, a beautiful harbor, and a view of the ocean that was unbelievable!
This is me getting on the boat, and having a sail away (okay so I am totally hearing styx in my head right now, overiding what is playing on the ipod) cocktail. We played shuffle board, and listened to the calypso band as we left the harbor. Picturesque... Every night we had an animal made out of the towels on our bed, my favorite was the dog wearing my fossil sunglasses, too cute. The food was unbelievable and I had such a great time relaxing with my husband. Ask him how he likes Tom Jones...laughing





Our first stop was Cabo San Lucas we didn't have an organized excursion, we just walked the town and took in the sights (and took loads and loads of photos). It was soooo humid, now I know what people are talking about when they say it's a dry heat...my camera lense fogged up in less than a second. We were accosted by street vendors, ate some great food, stood in the rain, took more photos. I ordered prints from mpix yesterday...$71.00, but we didn't buy any off of the ship, so I figured we actually saved money. There's always a way to justify spending dollars at mpix. I had just placed a big order the week before we left, I got to accompany my son to a golf match and took oh, 150 photos or so, still trying to put into practice what Allison Tyler Jones teaches. I got a couple of really, and I do mean really excellent photos!

Our trip in Mazatlan to the "pottery factory", that part was disappointing but, the tour ended in the town where they shot the movie Treasure of the Sierra Madre and my hubby loves Humphrey Bogart (make sure you pronounce that like boogert), all in good fun! Still hot and humid, but the scenery and the 400 year old churches and watching someone make adobe bricks by hand, well, just a little out of the ordinary...our tour guide was a hoot too, she had a very thick accent and told silly jokes, but lots of colorful commentary and background information, it was great.

Puerto Villarta was unbelievable, and my favorite, we spent the day riding horseback in the rainforest, wow! Jerry told us how to ride (didn't have the heart to tell him we already knew) and was our tour guide. He had lots more local stories and we learned about big, I mean big red spiders, fire-ant trees, and how baby green parrots come into the world, after their mother lays the egg (in a termite nest). It was great, I hated to leave. But I am looking forward to another adventure soon. Perhaps a scrapbooking cruise?? (they did have classes on board ship, but I was always off the boat when they were being taught, might have learned something.) You just never know. I am hoping for Hawaii next year, and I promised my son a cruise for graduation! Better get a passport...until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home